Location

Melbourne Avian Rescue Sanctuary Home

Home of the Melbourne Avian Rescue Sanctuary (M.A.R.S.) in Melbourne Beach, Florida

The Melbourne Avian Rescue Sanctuary (M.A.R.S.) is located in a cozy house in the beautiful town of Melbourne Beach, Florida – two blocks away from the water.

The Dutch colonial style building was built in 1925 and named the “The Colonial” by Miss Jeanette Trowbridge. She was originally from New England, and wanted a house reminiscent of what she had known in her home state. She therefore had it constructed to her specifications. Miss Trowbridge became the Melbourne Beach Postmistress and used the side area of the house for at least 20 mailboxes.

That area of the house now is the temporary home of new feathered M.A.R.S. members and utilized as a recuperating area for those with medical issues, until they can be returned or introduced to the aviaries. When cold weather is eminent or storms are headed towards Melbourne the entire M.A.R.S. family moves into that area.

You’ll find M.A.R.S. at the following address:

Melbourne Avian Rescue Sanctuary
418 Ocean Avenue
Melbourne Beach, FL 32951
phone (321) 725-8800
fax (321) 725-6497
email: marsparrots@aol.com

If you click on the ‘To Here’ link on the map below, you can get the directions from your home, your office or any other destination:

View Larger Map

13 Comments

• betsy gonzalez April 24, 2016 at 6:48 am

adopt a female tymeneh African grey to make companionship to a 10 yrs. male one . I’m not interest in breeding it because he is picking his feathers and maybe he is lonely . if it works with another male no problem

• LuAnn Apple May 17, 2016 at 3:09 am

Email marsparrots@aol.com and perhaps we can find another bird to be your birds friend and a wonderful bird for you too

• Dino Bonaventura February 9, 2019 at 10:12 am

First of all let me say
    My name is DINO.i live in Cocoa Fla. I was told that I may adopt another fethered forever home family member. Is it true that you do adoptions
    Phone # 321-698-3501

• LuAnn Apple February 11, 2019 at 6:02 am

Yes and Dino I think I also replied to you about this but if not yes we do adoptions and you must get pre approved by emailing marsparrots@aol.com for adopt papers etc…..

• MARIA March 26, 2019 at 10:08 am

MY SON STARTED 4 LOVE BIRDS , THEYRE SO ADORABLE BUT THEY KEPT MULTIPLYING TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY ARE KILLING EACH OTHER . WE HAVE ABIG CAGE BUT THE KILLING DOES NOT STOP . TODAY I SAW ANOTHER DEAD BABY BIRD . WILL YOU TAKE THEM I HAVE AT LEAST 11 BIRDS RIGHT NOW .PLS ADVISE TY
    WE CAN DONATE IF YOU ARE WILLING TO TAKE THESE BIRDS .

• LuAnn Apple March 27, 2019 at 2:51 am

Goodness take the eggs away when they lay them….they do not need to grow and hatch… I know someone who would take one or two but normally MARS does not have or know very much about the smaller parrots, nor do we have the set up or space to care for them so sorry….

• Diane Walsh April 15, 2019 at 2:00 pm

Thank you for all you do. I’m a former bird owner but had to give up my birds when I moved to FL years ago. Fortunately my birds were adopted by a bird lover.
    Living in FL I would fear my birds getting out. I lived in an apt in NY.
    Again, thank you for all you do.

• LuAnn Apple April 29, 2019 at 4:45 am

Birds need outside time and when necessary we recommend a harness so they can keep their wings and the humans are not afraid to give them fresh air and sunshine. Thank you for such kind words …&

• Debra April 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Hello,

My name is Debra and my husband and I are very interested in rescuing/adopting an older Parrot or a Cockatiel Bird. We already have 4 Parakeets but have room to share more love to others. We have an empty 30Hx18W inch cage and hope to fill it but if we had to….we could rearrange our Parakeets and put them in that cage and if it ended up we got a parrot or cockatiel we could put them in our 3 Foot High X 20Wide Cage on wheels that we have our Parakeets in now. Please let us know what you suggest or have for us.

• LuAnn Apple May 11, 2021 at 2:12 am

Debra just seeing this so sorry… email marsparrots@aol.com to get all info We just got in an older Amazon adorable bird and talks a blue streak, also African Grey sweet and others like Senegal named Bruce